Saturday, April 15, 2017

Vintage Hollywood Hat Boxes ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there! Today I'm sharing a pair of Vintage Hollywood Hat Boxes with you! As soon as I saw these small hat boxes in a local second-hand shop, I knew I wanted to alter them. The Vintage Hollywood collection by Graphic 45, paired with some amazing Creative Embellishments chipboard, make these an amazing display item and storage space for my room! I've used papers from both the 12 x 12 and 8x8 patterned paper pads - and did lots of fussy cutting to embellish the boxes - all the paper's edges are inked with Distress Ink in Black Soot. And what is a Vintage Hollywood themed piece without some bling? So I added some rhinestone trim to both box lids as well as some black lace to the smaller box lid.


On the larger box (below), I've used one of the Movie Night tickets and the Movie Reel from the Creative Embellishments chipboard Movie Night Six Piece Set. I painted the ticket using Prima Art Alchemy Sparks paint in Magical Pond. I heat embossed the movie reel with black and silver embossing powders. I also added a strip of the numbered 'film' paper behind the film section of the movie reel.


For the smaller hat box (below), I used one of the Creative Embellishments Chipboard Wavy Film Strips. I heat embossed the film strip with black embossing powder and then fussy-cut the starlet images from the 12x12 border strip page so that the film strip sections would frame the faces.


Thanks so much for visiting my blog today! Happy Crafting!
Sarah

1 comment:

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Fabulous! Lush and beyond gorgeous! Love them, Angela x