Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Rusty Patina Altered Denim Journal Cover ~ Creative Embellishments

Hi there! Today I'm sharing a fun Altered Denim Journal Cover with you - created using lots of amazing Creative Embellishments chipboard!
I started off altering the Prima/Finnabair Denim journal by using a Prima Stencil along with some Prima Art Basics Heavy Body Gel mixed with Prima Art Ingredients Mica Powder in Rust. Once the stenciled areas had dried, I added some bits of lace and trim and then started adding my Creative Embellishments Chipboard pieces, as well as some metal embellishments by Prima and trinkets from my stash. I've used the following CE chipboard pieces:
Once I was happy with the placement of all the chipboard pieces and embellishments, I covered everything with a coat of Prima Art Basics Clear Gesso. Then, I sprayed the cover with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Mist in Cocoa Bean Copper. I used Prima Art Extravagance Rust Effects Paste to add the rust-look to the chipboard and then used some Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paint in Light Patina mixed with Prima Art Ingredients Texture Powder to add the green-tinted patina effect. I then dry brushed with Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Acrylic Paints in Light Patina and Ancient Coin in places to enhance some embellishments. Finally, I finished off the cover using some Prima Art Ingredients Copper Glass Glitter applied with Prima Art Basics Soft Matte Gel. Here are some close-ups so you can see all the details.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today! Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

mamablitger said...

Sarah this steampunk project is STUNNING. I LOVE each part of your work. You did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing and for explaining the process.
You are very talented and it's a pleasure to soak inspiration from your lovely art.
Hugs from Monica
Spain